Torture or Comedy?  

Posted by Ram in

I became a victim of my temptation today.I decided to go to sleep yesterday after Watson's dismissal thinking that the Mumbai Indians will win the game easily. Today morning when i woke up it was again proved that it is a game of Glorious Uncertainties.

I now got tempted to watch the Highlights show and in hindsight it was me succumbing to the temptation which cost me dearly in the end. The highlights got over by 8.30 and it was time for me to start to work.

I had to now take a bus as the train which goes to my place had already gone and it will take an hour for the next one to come.

I walked to the Bus Stand and to my surprise there were no buses for my place. So my begging session started. I started to beg the conductors of the express buses which do not stop at my place to make an unscheduled stop. Finally it did pay off as well as one conductor agreed. Aah i was happy and boarded it immediately( although the cost of the ticket was almost twice the normal cost).

The bus was a video coach and the moment i boarded it i looked up to the TV to check what was the movie being played. Oh My God :( they were playing a Vijay movie. The bigger shock was that the movie was "Thirupachi" directed by a director whose upper chamber is empty.

Now i was cursing myself for having watched the highlights show. Consoling myself, i decided to watch the movie as the journey would take more than 30 mins. And I did not know whether to laugh or cry.

Scene after Scene with not even a grain of common sense. Horrible acting(??) or to say the least by the lead characters with the Hero hogging the limelight. Background music which reminded me of a marriage function and of course stunts which made a mockery of Gravity.

If u r wondering whether i am saying this out of bias, well here is a sample.

The hero comes out of a house in disguise, well dont imagine too much.He simply applies sandal all over his face like a lady who is undergoing a facial and bashes the sidekicks of the villian without getting even a single punch. And then comes the most comical part he pierces a lemon with a sickle and then says that it is God's action and not his. I just could not tolerate any more and luckily and thankfully i had reached my destination.

As i was walking to the office i thought of a genre to slot this movie and i came up with the Term "Torture Comedy" a variation of "Tragic Comedy" invented by Shakespeare.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 6:39 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

tirupachy ante annavaram kada....

y do some people hate vijay so much??

May 31, 2008 at 1:21 AM

Santu yes Tirupachi is Annavaram in Telugu.

I dont hate Vijay personally, its his taste and acting which i hate

May 31, 2008 at 7:56 AM

oh...i didn't know dat u 2 hate vijay's acting n d choice of films he make

May 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Well Santu i am not alone a lot of people in Cities hate him for his cheap taste and poor acting.

May 31, 2008 at 12:00 PM

Post a Comment