Nostalgic Ride  

Posted by Ram in

Train travel is always a great experience by itself. Put in a few college students preparing for their exams in the same compartment as you, Voila!!! You have got the recipe for the best journey. I was privileged enough to travel with a few such fellows today and i went down the nostalgic lane

//I started to think about my own preparation and wow i could not control my laughter(Mind you, i was never laughing during that time.)

This was how my preparation used to go

Advice to Myself: "Gower, dear Past is Past. So don't worry about this one. Plan your next one properly. So how many days you have for the next one?? 4 days. Oh thts gud. So you have enough time to prepare. GREAT. Start preparing from today evening"

Clash within me:Tht day evening will see a terrific clash within me with the prosecution and the defense putting forward their arguments.

Prosecution " Go ahead start preparing"

Defense" Dont worry man you have 4 days to go. So we can start tomoro"

And the case ends with me awarding the case in favor of the defense

Brisk Start: The next will start briskly with me starting off briskly with the briskness lasting for about an hour

Dull Phase: This is the phase in which i would be for most of my holidays,Oops Study leave. This phase would follow the brisk start and extend till the day rather night before the day of the exam. This phase would be punctuated by calling friends( who always used to be better prepared than me) and sleeping for a good amount of time.

Desperate Phase:The most exciting phase in which i used to flip pages at the Rate of Knots and still would have not completed the 5 units. This would also involve me seeking KT(Knowledge Transition) from my friend during our bike Journey to the college.

Climax: This would have me thinking like Einstein to frame the answers for the questions which i don't know( Most of them will fall into this category)

Then i would come out thinking that this should not happen again. But then the Lazy man inside me is the most powerful as well so The same cycle will repeat itself.//

Coming to these students they were no different from me. Well, I said to myself "Students will be Students"

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 7:38 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

my lord! u shd take dis case as special subject n award 4 claps with 2 hands n 4 kisses from 2 lips

May 21, 2008 at 10:28 PM

Not able to get u Santu :(

May 23, 2008 at 7:16 PM

... even now... i push things for later.. to the 11 th hour ... think it works out best ... after all, the efficiency peaks only then :)

Would i have done it better had i started much earlier??? i might never know ...

May 24, 2008 at 4:10 PM

WoW, Thts a typical Student speaking :)

May 24, 2008 at 4:29 PM

Post a Comment