Account Opened  

Posted by Ram in

I have lost count of the number of times that i would have crossed that place. But not once did i get a chance to enter. So it was pretty natural of me to get excited when i was told that i would be entering that place.
I was waiting for the D-Day and it did come. I was excited and no words can describe my excitement on that day. I dunno why but whenever i see this Survelliance Camera i get a bit disturbed. This place had plenty of them. Couple that with procedures and lot of Security and i was starting to feel uneasy.

When i was just beginning to get used to the ambience, a bolt out of the blue struck me. I had forgotten to take with me the single most important piece of evidence!!! Oh My God, I said to myself. Visuals of me answering my senior authorities criss crossed my mind and i became a statue for a moment or two. Picking up myself i spoke to the person in charge over there. He said that there was enough time for me to go and get back the document.That was a soothing balm to my wounded heart. Filled with relief i ran back to my family members, asked them to bring it for me. It seemed to me that 120 secs made a minute when i thought of where my family members were, and 30 secs made a minute when i checked how many minutes were remaining. Finally they came and i breathed a huge sigh of relief. My Dad gave me a look which made me think of my Soft skills tutor who said that Non Verbal Communication was more powerful than Verbal Communication. How True is that.

I started again and i now needed to complete some formalities, with a few people and boy! how abnormal were they, it seemed that not even Charlie Chaplin could make them smile. The word "Tough" would be an understatement.

Done with this and now to the final part, this time i was greeted by some people who were smiling for??? I dont know. They smiled for anything and everything. Finally i settled down in this magnificent Human Invention my account was opened. Filled with happiness and overcome by Tiredness i slept off immeadietly.

To Sum this entire experience up in a single Line: "All is Well that Ends well"

Credits:

The Place : Airport

Evidence : My Company ID Card

Tough People: Security Folks

Eternal Smilers: Air Hostess

Magnificent Human Invention: Aeroplane

This entry was posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 at 7:21 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

Nice one! Guessed everything as I was reading.. But I thought the single most important thing was your passport!

June 27, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Hahaha... It must have been an easy one for someone of ur caliber. Nice to see u frequenting the blog, keep coming

June 27, 2008 at 9:22 PM

hey ram!
even i guessed it ya...
me 2 not bad na...it wud h'v been
great if the thing u missed was d passport...
happy happy trip 4 u, i guess it's USofA, right?

laptop??wireless??Internet or on a brk??

June 29, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Santu nice to see u after a long time, this article is like an amateur suspense film ppl should be able to track this down comfortably, well the US of A is still some distance from where i am. will let u all know when i go to the US of A

June 29, 2008 at 4:27 PM

good to see you writing sometihng other than tennis and movie reviews. hope to see similar stuff coming :)

and what do we have here, ramachandren, the busiest devil, got some time to actually "read" ur blog and leave u a comment? wow, tht only means this write up deserved it :)

July 1, 2008 at 4:29 AM

Sure KB, I will try n write on these kind of topics too. Thnks for coming and keep coming dude.

Reg Ramachandren, yes u r right when u say that he is the busiest guy around.

July 1, 2008 at 7:45 PM

good read , nice to knw people actually pay attention in softskill training .. its odd but true people rem the most unlikely people and what they said at the time of crisis ..

unlike other post of ur's im glad finally this one gives details of the incident .. most are left to readers vivid imagination

December 8, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Post a Comment