Bagavad Gita N Me  

Posted by Ram in ,

Disclaimer: Well, Unlike Corporates who usually issue disclaimers in Font 4 at the end, I will issue my disclaimer right at the start. This article is not meant to hurt the feelings of any section of people, nor do I claim any great proficiency in the field of philosophy. In case if someone feels hurt I apologize and any contradicting views are always welcome.


Bagavad Gita one of the finest philosophical works of all time. In my opinion it is quite unfortunate that the "label" of religion has been cast on this.

I have always looked upon this as a text written by a great philosopher to explain the turmoil that an Individual goes through when he/she has got to make tough decisions and how should the Individual go about it to come out successfully from that situation.

Arjuna and Krishna are 2 characters, with Arjuna symbolizing the troubled Human Mind and Krishna representing the pure knowledge that exists within all of us and to which every human reaches out to during desperate times or times of confusion knowingly or unknowingly. The entire Bagavad Gita is about the Inner Turmoil that happens within an Individual and how he manages to find that pure knowledge or God or Hunch or Intuition or "X" factor within himself.

Sounds pretty confusing isn't it? That's precisely the reason why these characters were created to make it simpler and to avoid lot of misinterpretations. OK all that in detail for another occasion. Coming to its impact or my own experience now.

There is a place in Bagavad Gita where Krishna asks Arjuna not to worry about the result and to remain detached from it. Very recently i had an experience which made me realize the importance of doing that.

The beauty if I can call it that way was that it was a very trivial issue, where in stead of doing what i could do best, I became so anxious about the result which pretty much was not in my hands. It got to me so much that I ended up making a mess out of the whole thing.

Down I was when this saying from the Gita struck me like a Bolt out of the Blue Sky. Wow!! I said to myself and the next day I happened to hit upon a Zen Story which advocated on the same lines. Finally I must say that i have realized (note the word, it is not "Knowing" but "Realizing") what it means to have a target and work towards it but not get too obsessed with so much so that you end up messing things up or failing to look at the larger picture and finally end up way short of it.


P.S: Had the Financial Geniuses too remained a bit detached they would not have got too obsessed and made the mistake of missing the larger picture which was that the main product was wealth for Shareholders and their own profit was a by product of that. They got too obsessed with their welfare that they ended up missing the larger picture. Hopefully things get right from now on at least.

This entry was posted on Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 7:51 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Anonymous  

philosophy...hmm..interesting..

buy according to me philosophy is the easiest way of making our selves comfortable.

December 8, 2008 at 10:49 AM

GOOD ARTICLE!

December 8, 2008 at 11:16 AM

nice post.. agree with you on this.
whether the battle at kurukshetra happened or not is not something that a finite 5 sensory brain can understand.... there are 2 possibilities... 1. It happened
2. It did not.

Even if it did not happen, it was such a poetic description with so much of depth that it carries life lessons for all kinds of people of varied depth and understanding of life.

Ajith :)

January 16, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I consider Sri Krishna as the best Counsellor/Coach.:)

April 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Post a Comment